Monday, September 7, 2009

WANTED: Spidey616

(Artist Rendition)

The latest news in the comic book fandom crimes of Spidey616

CUP O' Q&A: Tim Gunn, X-Factor & More!

Kiel Phegley: You mentioned that frequent Cup O’ questioner
Spidey 616 was there! What was he like? Did he bring a laundry list of questions
about obscure Marvel characters to hold his own private
Q&A?


Joe Quesada: [laughs] Spidey 616 is our number one fan, he rocks and
comes to all of our events. He’s smart as a whip and knows his Marvel. It isn’t
an event if Spidey 616 isn’t there. Good guy, that Spidey 616.

However, he's finally slipped up and left a clue to his civilian identity. It won't be long now until he's finally apprehended

Spider-Office: Letters

Dear Amazing Spidey Crew,

600 issues…a few adjectives come to mind
(all positive BTW), but I’ll just stick with the obvious one- AMAZING! To think
it was only six years ago that I was reading #500, and though both my world and
Spidey’s has changed significantly since then, through it all I can safely say I
get the same amount of joy and excitement with each issue. Perhaps even
more.

Great to see Dan Slott work on Spidey fulltime and for
me the math on #600 was simple: SLOTT + DOC OCK=SOLD! That plus 104 pages all
for the LOW, LOW COST OF $4.99!!!! Kudos all around. Guess I’ll have to return
the favor by buying all the variant covers, won’t I?

Spidey
has always been a huge part of my life and though I can’t recall exactly my
first encounter with the webhead, I do know Spider-Man brought me back into
comics and has kept me in since. After seeing the first Spider-Man movie 3x in
theaters I got a subscription to ASM ASAP starting with #481. I regret not
returning to read the title when Straczynski first took over, but I’m so glad
right now to be able to be part of this new era of Spider-Man.

I’ll
admit that I haven’t loved everything that’s happened in the past 1 ½ year in
ASM and still have some unanswered questions regarding One More Day which I’m
sure you’ve probably heard enough already. Still waiting to hear about
whatever happened to the organic webbing and Spider-Man’s other enhanced powers,
but after everything else that’s been revealed thus far, I can wait a little bit
longer.

Looking forward to see what you guys have planed going
forward A new Sinister Six? Wonder who’s in this roster. Doc Ock? Ana Kraven?
The new Vulture?

I hear that Slott and artist supreme Marcos
Martin will be teaming up again for a Mysterio story (DROOLS). Eagerly waiting
to read it and see who’s under the dome. Quentin Beck, Daniel Berkhart, Francis
Klum, or even…..A NEW MYSTERIO! Could it have anything to do with police
officers: Quentin Palone & Julian Beck?

Curious and curiouser.
Guess we’ll just have to wait and see won’t we? And on the subject of baddies, I
don’t suppose we’ll be seeing the comic debut of Swiss Miss a new villain
created for the stage set to appear in the SPIDER-MAN: TURN OFF THE DARK musical
around the time it opens this February? How’s that for a free plug?

What else can I say but keep up the great work and assuming the
thrice monthly schedule continues I’ll see ya again in May 2012 for #700! So
what are you guys waiting for? Better get a head start on it now. I can wait…

-Taimur Dar



No comments:

Post a Comment